Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blog Number Three: Visual Essay [Feed]

Technology: The Branch Of Knowledge That Deals W/ The Creation And Use Of Technical Means And Their Interrelation W/ Life, Society, And The Environment, Drawing Upon Such Subjects As Industrial Arts, Engineering, Applied Science, And Pure Science.
STILL UPDATING.
Now-->
Later?























Now-->
Later?












Now..
Later?









Now-->
Later?












Now-->
Later?










Reflection:

->How Do The Images Tell A Story, Represent Your Theme?
  • There Are 10 Images In Total, Not Including The First One [The One That Says "Technology"]. Each Image Is Paired W/ Another One, It Goes Down In Order. The First Image Of Each Pair Is The "Now" Image, [Image On The Left] And The Second Image Of Each Pair Is The Possible "Later" [Image On The Right]. Some Of Them May Not Be As Accurate Or Easy To Interpret But That Is Why I Am About To Type Down Some Explanations. As You Can Clearly See, My Theme Is Technology. It Shows The Technology That We Have Now, In The Present, And What The Possible Outcome[s] Of The Specific Product CAN BE, Or What The Outcome IS.
  • So, The Story Of My Images Is: Advance In Technology Will Lead To Nothing In The Future.
->What's Your Message? What Do The Pictures Say?
  • The First Pair Of Images Shows That People We Were Not Happy W/ What They Had In The Past To Their Disposal, And That Til This Day, There Are Still Many Individuals Who Are Not Happy About What They Have Available To Them. Therefore, It Portrays Human Beings As Large Technology Consumers. We Will Always Want More. We Always Have To Have The BEST Of Every Thing. No Matter How Advanced, Or How Much Technology We Have Available To Us, IT WILL NEVER SUFFICE.
  • The Second Pair Of Images Shows Cell Phones. In The "Now" Photo, People Are Holding Their Cell Phones. Which Shows That They Are Still Some What Satisfied W/ It, For The Moment Anyways. Their Cellular Phones Are Still Of Use To Them. But, Eventually, People Will Throw Them Away, And Purchase A New One. Cell Phone, After Cell Phone, After Cell Phone..IT'S A NEVER ENDING CYCLE.
  • The Third Pair Of Images Shows The Uselessness Of Books. These Two Images Remind Me Of FEED. Due To Their FEED, They Do Not Know How To Read. Therefore, Books Are Useless To Them. The FEED Does All Their Reading For Them. That Is Why I Chose The Image Of The Burning Page. In Reality Though, It Is Not True..Yet? Technology Is Advancing Quickly, But I Do Not Think That There Will Be A Day When Reading, And Books Will Become Useless To People, At Least Not Today. On The Contrary, It Is Actually Quite A Big Deal Right Now.
  • The Fourth Pair Of Images Shows Windows Live Messenger's Logo. The "Now" Image Of It Is The Regular, Or The New Original Logo. It Shows That NOW, There Is Instant Messaging. But Perhaps, Just Like In FEED, There Will Be Such A Thing As M-Chat Some Day, Due To Advances In Technology? The Second Image Can Be Kind Of Confusing, [Sorry, I Tried] But Basically, It's Supposed To Portray The Two People's [Or The Green MSN Person And The Blue MSN Person] Conversation But In Each Others' Head. Or Some Thing Like That.
  • The Fifth Pair Of Images Shows A Heart Constructed From A Variety Of Different Colored iPods, And Robots, From The Movie iRobot. I Chose To Pair These Two Images Together B/c NowADays, iPods Are Huge, Right? Every One, Or A Large Quantity Of Individuals, Own an iPod[s]. We Just All Love iPods. Which Is Why The iPods Form A Heart. Now, In FEED Though, No Such Thing As An iPod Exist, B/c Every Thing Is In Their Heads, Including Music. So, If Technology Advances In Such A Way, Then, iPods Would Become Useless To Us, B/c Every Thing Would Already Be In Our Heads. We Would Not Need Much Really, Especially If There Was A Transmitter In Our Brain. We Would Just Be Like Robots, Right?
->Why Did You Choose The Images You Did, What Are Their Importance, Implications And Influence?
  • I Chose The Images About B/c When I Googled Search Technology, Those Images Stood Out To Me. They Made Me Think. I Thought They Were Important B/c People Will Be Able To Relate To The Images. For Example, The MSN Photos. You Could Take One Glance At It And Know Exactly What It Is. Some People Would Even Be Able To Name What Kind Of Cell Phones Are Being Present In The "Now" Image. The Images Imply That Technology Is Changing, And Therefore, Life In General, Is Changing Too.
->What Are The Applications Or Use Of, Understandings And Values Of Some Combination Of The Text Themes That You Have Developed And/Or Experienced Over Your Lifetime?
  • Well, I'm Not So Sure, To Be Honest. I Don't Necessarily Think About This Specifc Topic. But, I Would Say That, The Media Does Not Have Much Effect On Me. Just B/c It's Just The Media. I See And Hear It Every Day, It's Natural. I Just Ignore It All, I Guess? There's TOO Much Of It To Always Pay Attention To. Most Of It Are Pretty Useless Anyways, So I Don't Care Much Of It. And When It Comes To Conformity In Contrast W/ Individuality, I'm Pretty Sure That I Am My Own Person. I'm Kind Of Strange And Odd. Which, I'm Totally Fine W/. I Don't Like To Blend Into Crowds, Or Be Categorized As A Specific Group Of People. I Only Choose To Do Things, If I Want To, It Has Nothing To Do W/ Any One Else Really. And When It Comes To Consuming, I Don't Know..I Don't Spend A Lot Of Money, But To Be Fair, I Don't Necessarily Have Any To Spend. So, I'm Not Sure About That. But, I Don't Know. Like I Said, I Don't Think About This Kind Of Stuff. But, I Guess, B/c I Know How To Think For Myself, Then If I Tried, And Really Wanted To, Then I Could?
->How Have You Developed These? [Where, How, Who Help/Influenced You?]
  • Uhh--I Just Developed Them A Moment Ago, When I Was Thinking About It, I Guess. But, I Guess I Developed Them Throughout My Lifetime, So Far. They're Based On My Experiences, The Good And Bad. And I Guess, On How Much I Attention I Pay To The World Of Technology, I Guess?
->What Are Your Feelings About?
  • Hm, My Feelings? I Don't Know. I'm Fine W/ It I Guess. I'll Come Back Later To Finish This Part.

1 comment:

桃子 said...

ははは!きみ の ブローグ は 大好きです。